Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You must not have solid food 6 hours prior to treatment although clear liquids may be consumed up to 2 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Vande Berg or Dr. Englehardt prior to your surgical date for instructions.